Hidden Memories Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A WolfQuest Community Pack!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Information About-Coyotes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke
Learner
Smoke

Information About-Coyotes Empty
PostSubject: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:23 am

Here are some facts about coyotes and their natural souroundings.

EDIT: I copyed and pasted these Coyote facts from a website.
Here's the link i found it on:http://www.kidsop.com/coyfact.htm

[color=orange]Coyotes: Coyotes are a member of the dog family. Their scientific name is ``Canis latrans``, it means ``barking dog.`` This name was given by Thomas Say in 1835. He was one of the first white men to hear the late twilight and early morning howling of this wolf like creature.

Appearance: Coyotes can be anywhere from a yellowish brown to a tawny grey in colour. Their belly is usually off~white. This colour will usually extend onto the throat area. Coyotes have a pointed muzzle and a flat forehead. The tail is quite bushy. Coyotes are between the size of a fox and a wolf.

Behaviour:
Coyotes are quite playful. Pups will often play~fight and wrestle. A scared coyote will hold its head low and tuck his tail between his/her legs.

When a coyote hears loud sounds it will prick its ears up. If it is another coyote, it will often reply. To us this is howling, but to a coyote it is their way of communicating. They are most active during the early morning and at twilight.

Diet: Coyotes, as you would think, are mainly carnivores. But, they will also eat fruit and insects. The carnivore part of their diet is mostly rodents, such as mice, rats and the odd rabbit. They also eat carrion. Carrion is animal carcasses that other carnivores have eaten off all they want and left it to rot.

Breeding: Coyotes start breeding at about one year. When they find a mate, it is for life. Mating takes place in about February. The pups are born 60 to 63 days later. There are usually five to seven pups, to a maximum of nineteen.

Range: Coyotes are found in most of North America, except the cold Arctic tundra. Coyotes can adapt to most climates quite well.

EDIT:Ok so i deleted half part of the topic so it wont be as long!

Last edited by Smoke on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zelgon
Member of the Month
Zelgon

PostSubject: Re: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 am

Nice list, I wouldn't put anymore information on it, because the Pack Council might think it will get too long. 9as in long I mean .. long!)
I am not keen on Coyotes that much, but thank you for the information. ^^

Last edited by Zelgon on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhea
Pack Council Member
Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 am

I don't think it really matters about how long it gets, as long as it doesn't stretch the page. C;

This is really interesting, Smoke! I never knew that coyotes were so much like wolves. :D
Back to top Go down
http://elementalwolves.forumotion.com/forum
Smoke
Learner
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Well i post this so people could learn about them.Does this need locked? Im not sure if this topic should have been made,I dont no if its ok for it to stay unlocked
Back to top Go down
Rhea
Pack Council Member
Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:38 pm

This topic is fine to stay unlocked. Though, if you'd like, I could lock it for you. C;
Back to top Go down
http://elementalwolves.forumotion.com/forum
Smoke
Learner
Smoke

PostSubject: Re: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:02 pm

No LoL,I meant that if it was to long it could be locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information About-Coyotes   Information About-Coyotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Information About-Coyotes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Memories Pack :: Other :: Animals-
Jump to: